Dear Valued Patient,
Affiliated Foot & Ankle Center, LLC has been closely monitoring information and recommendations from the CDC and NJ Department of Health about the COVID-19, Coronavirus. Even before the outbreak, our medical staff already used standard infection control practices.
In accordance with current guidelines and recommendations, we have put extra protocols in place to reduce risk to our patients and medical staff members.
- We ask any patient or family member displaying symptoms such as cough, fever, and/or shortness of breath, reschedule appointments until they are free from symptoms for at least 24 hours. We ask this of our medical staff members as well.
- We are requiring all patients and visitors that enter the practice, upon reaching the front desk, to please use the hand sanitizer provided.
CDC recommends taking everyday precautions to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19 and influenza by doing the following:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are touched.
- Take care of your health overall. Staying current on your vaccinations, including flu vaccine, eating well and exercising all help your body stay resilient.
- Consult the CDC's travel website for any travel advisories and steps to protect yourself if you plan to travel outside of the US.
For more information, check out the following:
The CDC COVID-19 page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The CDC travel notice: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices
Dr. Ben Gujral and the Affiliated Foot & Ankle Team