If you’ve been putting off making your appointment at Affiliated Foot & Ankle Care due to a busy holiday schedule, now’s the time to contact our Edison (732-204-6630), Monroe (732-204-6802) or Monmouth Junction (732-204-6945) offices and get it done! Whether you are due for a regular podiatric checkup, or you have a foot or ankle issue, there are certain ways you can prepare for your appointment that will help ensure a smooth and productive visit.
- Check with your insurance provider to see if you need a referral for your visit.
- If you have x-rays or other imaging studies pertaining to a foot or ankle injury or other test results, bring these with you to the office.
- If you are in a wheelchair, or need any special accommodations in our office, contact us ahead of time.
- Write down any questions you have regarding foot or ankle symptoms you are experiencing or other podiatric concerns you have. It’s easy to forget things you wanted to ask our podiatrists, Varun Gujral and Dr. Nrupa Shah, if they are not written down.
- If your foot pain is related to exercise or a sport, bring the shoes you wear for the activity you are doing for the foot doctor to take a look at. Sometimes wear patterns provide information about the biomechanics of your feet.
- Make a list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications you are currently taking. If you have an existing medical condition be sure to let the podiatrist know that, along with the name of any physicians that are treating you.
- Consider asking a friend or family member to accompany you on your appointment—two sets of ears are better than one!
- Make sure you understand the diagnosis and treatment plan for your condition. Don’t feel bad about asking the podiatrist to repeat anything that doesn’t make sense to you.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions after your appointment.
Affiliated Foot & Ankle Care